New hospital, swimming pool, utilities and airport infrastructure
Significant financial commitments from Chevron, BHP Billiton and the Western Australian Government are going towards ensuring Onslow develops into an attractive and well-serviced town.
These contributions will deliver long term benefits to the Onslow community and help cater for the town’s expected growth.
New and upgraded infrastructure and services will include:
- a new power station
- a new desalination plant and upgraded water supply infrastructure
- a new Shire of Ashburton administration centre that will include a town hall, council chamber, visitor centre and library
- a new waste management facility and an upgraded wastewater facility
- the construction of a new Onslow hospital, which will better meet the town’s increasing health service needs
- upgrades to Onslow Road, the main road into Onslow
- a new Onslow airport, including runway, terminal and general landside facilities
- new recreational facilities, including an outdoor basketball complex and skate park that will complement the shire’s strategy for a central recreational precinct in Onslow.